Friday, June 25, 2010

My 3 Sons

One thing that has always amazed me is how three children with the same genetic makeup can be so different.  I used to joke that my boys looked like the Mailman, the Milkman and the Fedex Guy.  After looking at some pictures tonight, I found two that illustrated this point perfectly. 

Christoper was always the silent observer.   He would quietly sit and take in the situation, sometime stuck to my leg like a brace.   He was painfully shy in his early years.  I told one of his friends once that we could barely get him to talk when he was little.  He replied, "Really?  I can't ever get him to shut up!".  Chris is no longer shy and can talk nonstop about cars, animals, movies, etc all while he's taking his car apart in our garage.  Who would have known when he was five that he was just saving all of his words up for later?

Tommy was always the social butterfly.  Always the jokster, looking for the laugh, and I think at 3, he knew more people than I did.  We would go to church and people would continually come up to talk to him.  He continues with these attributes today.  If there is something to laugh about, Tommy will find it...and humiliate you with it...He does it with such charm that you really can't be mad.  But in my case...you can find ways to get even!



Matt was the active one....always on the go.  There was no way to hold him down and he resembled Pig-Pen when he was outside.  I could clean him up and the minute he hit the door, he was covered in dirt.   This would be my attempt to hold him for a picture...all he wanted was DOWN...DOWN....DOWN!!!  This started a long line of skate boarding, bike riding, surfing and sports.  There are few instances of seeing Matt sit still even now.

And then there's me....All I can say is that chasing three boys around left me much thinner.....Maybe I should have a few more....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! 

Both of these pictures were taken at the same time.  I have a whole roll of pictures from that day.  I was trying to get some family pictures taken without going to the photographer of the day, Olan Mills.   A friend who was doing a side business as a photographer was helping us out.  Looking back, she did me a great service of grabbing the boys personalities and immortalizing them on film.  Now... if time would have stood still for just a little while longer.....

No comments:

Post a Comment