Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Scrapbooking by a Non Scrapper....

It's 1:00am and I can't sleep.  I've decided that I can't sleep because....I don't scrap book.  It's not that I haven't tried.  I even took a class.  I came away with four complete pages, a large box of colored paper and huge boxes of photos that are no more organized than when I started.   This is somehow attacking my motherhood.  Real mothers scrapbook....they have album after album of beautifully decorated pages that are framed with precision cut embellishments.  These will become family heirlooms for their children to share lovingly with their children....a legacy.  What will my children get?  Three big boxes of pictures.  And not even separated by child.  It will be a free-for-all.  I would feel better if at least they had a big financial inheritance coming their way.  No such luck...! 

So, I've decided to reclaim my "good" motherhood status and instead of scrapbooking, I will blog....with pictures and stories of our lifetime together.  I am deep down hoping that this is not some weird omen that I'm about to get hit by a Mac truck and the premonition is driving me to write things down.  Maybe I should type slowly just in case....

The title "It's another boy" comes from  Matt's birth.  I had no idea what I was about to have.  I went in the mother of two boys and everyone was telling me, "maybe it's a girl!".  Little did they know having a girl scared that heck out of me.  I knew what to do with boys...and even though I was a girl, I wasn't quite sure if I was good at it...you know, being a girl.  How the heck would I teach a little girl to be sweet and feminine?  Everyone in the operating room knew that I had two boys (I'm defective...I delivered all three by C-section).  I couldn't see anything - there was big blue sheet separating me from my bottom half.  When the doctor pulled Matt out, everyone was quiet for a brief moment.  The anesthesiologist broke the silence with "It's another boy!".  Ahhhhhh.....relief......I had three sons....I'm in my comfort zone.

So, this will be my legacy to my boys.  It may not make up for lack of money but I'm hoping they enjoy it just the same.  Dont' expect any rhyme or reason or chronological order.  For those of you that know me, you know my head is a complicated place.  It's something akin to the filing system at a government agency.  Doesn't make a heck of a lot of sense to anyone not doing the actual filing.  I'll take some time to look at my big box of pictures and write what comes to mind.  Come with me on the journey.  It's been quite a ride.....

2 comments: